Practice Lab N10-007: CompTIA Network+
Online Practice Labs, easily accessed from anywhere at any time, are the foundation to practical hands-on skills development enabling users to access real live equipment in a safe test environment.
The CompTIA Network+ Practice Lab will provide you with the necessary platform to gain hands-on skills in networking technologies. By completing the lab tasks you will improve your practical skills in infrastructure, networking concepts, network operations, security, networking troubleshooting and tools.
These same tasks will help you understand the objectives and competencies required by the CompTIA Network+ (N10-007) certification exam.
The CompTIA Network+ certificate is an intermediate certificate aimed computer technicians, help desk technicians, system engineers, network support specialists, network analysts or IT professionals looking to further their knowledge in networking.
It is recommended that you have gained the following certification before attempting the CompTIA Network+ exam:
No prior hands-on experience is required to use or complete this Practice Lab. However, it would be beneficial to be familiar with operating system fundamentals.
Learning Time: 26 hours
- VPN Technologies and Services
- Network Services and Protocols - Part 1
- Network Services and Protocols - Part 2
- Network Services and Protocols - Part 3
- Install and Configure DHCP and DNS Servers
- Configure E-Mail Client Protocols
- Understanding and Configuring switching concepts
- Routing Concepts and Protocols
- Configure Gateway Redundancy Protocols
- Introduction to Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Troubleshooting Internet Connection and DNS Settings
- Understand Common Network Vulnerabilities
- Implement a Host-based Firewall
- Install Hyper-V
- Assessing Network Vulnerabilities and Threats using MBSA
- Install and Configure Network Load Balancing
- Configure Switching Features
- Install OS Updates and Configure Security Policy
- Understand Backup and Restore
- Configure and Verify Switch Security Features
- Controlling VPN Access with RADIUS
- Detecting System Bottlenecks and Log Management
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity with Network Utilities
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing
- Install and Configure SNMP
- Understanding the OSI Model
- Network Management - Diagrams, symbols and Documentation