Excel 2016 English Elearning with Practice
User will need the Microsoft Office 2016 application to use all learning material.
Course Title: MOS – Excel 2016
Objective: Users will study and complete exercises to obtain MOS Excel 2016 user skills at both feature and functional levels. Users will become familiar with and know how to successfully use at least 80% of the features and capabilities of Excel 2016.
The MOS Excel 2016 user should then be able to create and edit documents for a variety of purposes and situations.
Approach: The course is organized by lessons and there are four elements in each lesson:
Step 1. Benchmark. The Benchmark assessment gives you the option of customizing your learning package based on your existing knowledge and experience. This will optimize your study time by focusing just in the areas that you need to improve.
Based on the results of your Benchmark assessment, the content of STEP 2. LEARN & PRACTICE & CREATE will display as “complete” those areas for which you demonstrated existing knowledge.
Step 2. Learn & Practice & Create. This section contains several elements:
- Content. This is a theoretical explanation of how the application works. Each Content section corresponds to a sub-objective of the Official Certification Exam.
- Knowledge based practice. This is an evaluation that tests your theoretical knowledge of the application. In this practice, you have the option to view an explanation for each question.
- Live in the app practice. This is a practical test you take in the application itself. This practice is composed of different tasks that you perform in the app. In this practice, you also have the option to view an explanation for each task.
Step 3. Validate. Here you will have two types of tests, a Knowledge based test and a Live in the app test. However, these tests do not have the Show answer option.
Create and Manage Worksheets and Workbooks.
- Create Worksheets and Workbooks.
- Navigate in Worksheets and Workbooks.
- Format Worksheets and Workbooks.
- Customize Options and Views for Worksheets and Workbooks.
- Configure Worksheets and Workbooks for Distribution.
Manage Date Cells and Ranges.
- Insert Data in Cells and Ranges.
- Manage Table Styles and Options.
- Filter and Sort a Table.
Perform Operations with Formulas and Functions.
- Summarize Data by using Functions.
- Perform Conditional Operations by using Functions.
- Format and Modify Text using Functions.
Create Charts and Objects.
- Create a Chart.
- Format a Chart.
- Insert and Format Objects.
Module 1. Create and Manage Worksheets and Workbooks.
Create Worksheets and Workbooks.
- Create a workbook.
- Import data from a delimited text file.
- Add a worksheet to an existing workbook.
- Copy and move a worksheet.
Navigate in Worksheets and Workbooks.
- Search for data within a workbook.
- Navigate to a named cell, range, or workbook element.
- Insert and remove hyperlinks.
Format Worksheets and Workbooks.
- Change worksheet tab color.
- Rename a worksheet.
- Change worksheet order.
- Modify page setup.
- Insert and delete columns or rows.
- Change workbook themes.
- Adjust row height and column width.
- Insert headers and footers.
Customize Options and Views for Worksheets and Workbooks.
- Hide or unhide worksheets.
- Hide or unhide columns and rows.
- Customize the Quick Access toolbar.
- Change workbook views.
- Change window views.
- Modify document properties.
- Change magnification by using zoom tools.
- Display formulas.
Configure Worksheets and Workbooks for Distribution.
- Set a print area.
- Save workbooks in alternative file formats.
- Print all or part of a workbook.
- Set print scaling.
- Display repeating row and column titles on multipage worksheets.
- Inspect a workbook for hidden properties or personal information.
- Inspect a workbook for accessibility issues.
- Inspect a workbook for compatibility issues.
Module 2. Manage Data Cells and Ranges.
Insert Data in Cells and Ranges.
- Replace data.
- Cut, copy, or paste data.
- Paste data by using special paste options.
- Fill cells by using Auto Fill.
- Insert and delete cells.
Format Cells and Ranges.
- Merge cells.
- Modify cell alignment and indentation.
- Format cells by using Format Painter.
- Wrap text within cells.
- Apply number formats.
- Apply cell formats.
- Apply cell styles.
Summarize and Organize Data.
- Insert Sparklines.
- Outline data.
- Insert subtotals.
- Apply conditional formatting.
Module 3. Create tables.
Create and Manage Tables.
- Create an Excel table from a cell range.
- Convert a table to a cell range.
- Add or remove table rows and columns.
Manage Table Styles and Options.
- Apply styles to tables.
- Configure table style options.
- Insert total rows.
Filter and Sort a Table.
- Filter records.
- Sort data by multiple columns.
- Change sort order.
- Remove duplicate records.
Module 4. Perform Operations with Formulas and Functions.
Summarize Data by using Functions.
- Insert references.
- Perform calculations by using the SUM function.
- Perform calculations by using the MIN and MAX function.
- Perform calculations by using the COUNT function.
- Perform calculations by using the AVERAGE function.
Perform Conditional Operations by using Functions.
- Perform logical operations by using the IF function.
- Perform logical operations by using the SUMIF function.
- Perform logical operations by using the AVERAGEIF function.
- Perform logical operations by using the COUNTIF function.
Format and Modify Text by using Functions.
- Format text by using RIGHT, LEFT, and MID functions.
- Format text by using UPPER, LOWER, and PROPER functions
- Format text by using CONCATENATE functions.
Module 5. Create Charts and Objects.
- Create a new chart.
- Add additional data series.
- Switch between rows and columns in source data.
- Analyze data by using Quick Analysis.
- Resize charts.
- Add and modify chart elements.
- Apply chart layouts and styles.
- Move charts to a chart sheet.
Insert and Format Objects.
- Insert text boxes and shapes.
- Insert images.
- Modify object properties.
- Add alternative text to objects for accessibility.
MOS System Requeriments
- Microsoft Office 2016 is required in order to complete the Live in the app practice.
- Adobe Reader or similar is required.
- Operating System needs to be Windows 8 or Windows 10.
- Browser options are Internet Explorer 10+, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- .NET version: .NET 3.5 required. Some features may also require .NET 4.0, 4.5, or 4.6 CLR to be installed.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x32-bit or x64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set.
- Memory: 2 GB RAM.
- Minimum hard disk space available: 300 Mb
- Internet Connection.