CertKit 70-417: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012
In-depth e-learning content includes 365-day online access to elearning, exam quizzes, tips and information.
MeasureUp practice test is available for 60 days which starts with the first time you access the practice test area.
Some Cert Kit Titles include online mentoring for 365 days. Please check DETAILS section below to see if mentoring is included for this title.
"This exam was retired in January 2021. MeasureUp will not update this practice test and any purchases of it will not be refundable."
Get instruction and practice configuring and implementing new features and functionality in Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, in this CertKit. This CertKit is designed for IT professional who want to upgrade their technical skills from Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. It presumes a high level of knowledge about previous Windows Server technologies and skills equivalent to MCSA: Windows Server 2008 credential.
The CertKit covers the new features and functionality in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2, including management, network infrastructure, storage, access control, Hyper-V, high availability and identity federation. Specific technologies covered include Windows PowerShell, storage spaces, Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI), Active Directory, Hyper-V, implementation of remote access solutions such as DirectAccess, VPNs, and Web Application Proxy.
It also covers Failover Clustering, Federation Services as well as access and information provisioning and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control, Web Application Proxy integration with Federation Services, and Workplace Join. This course is not a product upgrade course, detailing considerations for migrating and upgrading your specific environment to Windows Server 2012. Rather, this course will update your existing Windows Server 2008 knowledge and skills to Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2.
- This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 system administrators who are familiar with carrying out day to day Windows Server management and maintenance tasks. The course will update their skills to Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. Candidates suitable for this course would be:
- Experienced Windows Server Administrators who have real world experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 enterprise environment.
- IT professionals who have obtained the credential Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server 2008 or have equivalent knowledge.
- IT professional wanting to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in Data Center, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration, and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Manage Windows Server 2012 by using Windows PowerShell.
- Manage storage in Windows Server 2012.
- Implement network services.
- Implement remote access.
- Implement Failover Clustering.
- Implement Hyper-V.
- Implement Failover Clustering with Hyper-V.
- Implementing secure data access for users and devices.
- Implement Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Monitor and maintain Windows Server 2012.
The Cert kit has it all: In-depth e-learning content, practice test, tips and information on the exam, and even online coaching from certified professionals that know how to pass the exam.
- Customized e-Learning â€“ focused on the specific certification.
- Online Mentor â€“ chat or mail with a technical specialist with the same certification.
- MeasureUp Exam Simulation â€“ so you can test your readiness for the exam.
- Tips & Tricks â€“ portal of notes, tips, articles, links to communities.