CertKit XK0-004: CompTIA Linux+
In-depth e-learning content includes 365-day online access to elearning, exam quizzes, tips and information.
MeasureUp practice test is available for 60 days which starts with the first time you access the practice test area.
Some Cert Kit Titles include online mentoring for 365 days. Please check DETAILS section below to see if mentoring is included for this title.
Linux Administrator, Network Administrator, System Administrator, Technical Support Specialist, Web Administrator
The CompTIA Linux+ certification is designed to introduce viewers to the tasks required to support Linux in the workplace. This CertKit covers topics ranging from installing software, troubleshooting hardware, managing disk volumes, hardening servers and more. Each of these topics are presented in a distribution agnostic manner suitable for Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS, Fedora and others.
To ensure your success, CompTIA A+: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002) is helpful but not required.
- HARDWARE & SYSTEM CONFIGURATION
- Configure kernel modules, network parameters, storage, cloud and virtualization technologies
- WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEMS
- System Operation & Maintenance
- Manage software and services, and explain server roles, job scheduling, and the use and operation of Linux devices
- SOFTWARE TROUBLESHOOTING
- Understand best practices for permissions and authentication, firewalls, and file management
- Linux Troubleshooting & Diagnostics
- Analyze system properties and processes and troubleshoot user, application and hardware issues
- HARDWARE & NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTING
- Automation & Scripting
- Execute basic BASH scripts, version control using Git, and orchestration processes
Who should attend:
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems, who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of Linux concepts and skills to prepare for a career in Linux support or administration. A typical student in this course should have at least 6 to 12 months of Linux experience.
CertKit content overview:
- E-learning courses (21 hours +):
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Introduction to Linux & the Command Line
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Managing Users & Groups
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: File Access & Permissions
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Disk Partitions & File Systems
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Logical Volumes & Filesystem Hierarchy
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Using vi/vim to Edit Files
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Locating & Manipulating Files
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Searching & Manipulating File Contents
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Boot Process & Kernel
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Graphical User Interfaces
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Managing Services
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Troubleshooting Services
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Managing & Configuring Hardware
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: TCP/IP & Networking
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Troubleshooting Network Connections
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Installing & Managing Software
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Installing Software from Source Code
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Security Best Practices
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: SELinux & AppArmor
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Network Firewall & Traffic Filtering
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Backup & Restore
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Scheduling Tasks
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Git Version Control
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Installing CentOS
- CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004: Installing Ubuntu
- MeasureUp Exam simulation
- 150+ questions
- Online Mentor
- Tips & Tricks
|Chrome 39||Firefox 34||Internet Explorer 10 and 11||Safari 8|
|Surface Pro||Windows 8||X||X||X|
|Safari 8||Android||Chrome 39||Internet Explorer RT||Internet Explorer 11|
|iPhone 5 or higher*||IOS 8||X||X|
|iPhone 4*||IOS 7||X||X|
|Android Tablet*||4.0 or higher||X||X|
|Android Phone*||4.0 or higher||X||X|
|Lumia 920 or higher*||Windows Phone 8.1||X|
*Online use only with these devices
Download System Requeriments
- Win7, Win8.1, Linux 64 bits, MAC OSX 10.9 and 10.10
- We no longer support XP
MeasureUp Refund Policy
ONLINE Practice Tests purchased directly from MeasureUp
may be returned within two (2) business days of the original purchase.
This policy applies to single-user online licenses of MeasureUp practice tests purchased directly from MeasureUp.com and is not applicable to MeasureUp Practice Tests received through an Authorized Channel Partner or purchased at a different marketplace.
If the practice test purchased was discounted as part of a buy multiple practice test discount offer, any items not refunded will be prorated to reflect the actual full purchase price of the practice test. Any discount offers or products received at the time of purchase are forfeited with the refund.
If online practice test was registered, MeasureUp will remove the practice test from your Learning Locker.
Download practice Tests purchased directly from Measureup.com. may be retuned for refund within two (2) business days of the original purchase if NOT registered
Once registered download practice tests are NOT eligible for refund.
ONLINE Assessments purchased directly from MeasureUp.com
may be returned for a refund within two (2) business days of the original purchase if NOT registered.
Once registered the assessment are NOT eligible for refund.
Microsoft Office Cloud Products- No Refunds on Cloud Practice Tests or Cloud Assessments
Fixed Bundles with one price are a considered a one-unit sale. If the Fixed Unit has not been registered in any part, the entire bundle may be returned for refund within(2) business days of original purchase. Once any piece of this fixed bundle is registered, the entire bundle is not eligible for refund.
Cert Kits may be returned for refund within two (2) business days of original purchaseif NOT Registered
Practice Labs many be returned for refund withintwo (2) business days of original purchase if NOT Registered.
Virtual Labs may be returned for refundwithin two (2) business days of original purchase if NOT Registered
Video Learning may be returned for refundwithin two(2) business days of original purchase if NOT Registered.
How to Request a Refund:
Email a copy of your receipt to: with your reason for refund. For eligible products, this request must be received within two (2) business days of your original online purchase at www.measureup.com
MeasureUp has the right to refute any requests for refund on charges that you dispute with your credit card company.
August 10, 2020