Cert Kit 70-464: Developing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
In-depth e-learning content includes 365-day online access to elearning, exam quizzes, tips and information.
MeasureUp practice test is available for 60 days which starts with the first time you access the practice test area.
Some Cert Kit Titles include online mentoring for 365 days. Please check DETAILS section below to see if mentoring is included for this title.
This CertKit introduces SQL Server 2012 and describes logical table design, indexing and query plans. It also focusses on the creation of database objects including views, stored procedures, along with parameters, and functions. Other common aspects of procedure coding, such as transactions, concurrency, error handling, triggers, and SQL CLR are also covered in this course. Also this CertKit helps you prepare for the Exam 70-464.
The primary audience for this course is IT Professionals who want to become skilled on SQL Server 2012 product features and technologies for implementing a database.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Introduce the entire SQL Server platform and its major tools. It will cover editions, versions, basics of network listeners, and concepts of services and service accounts.
- Determine appropriate data types to be used when designing tables, convert data between data types, and create alias data types.
- Be aware of good design practices regarding SQL Server tables and be able to create tables using T-SQL. (Note: partitioned tables are not covered).
- Implement PRIMARY KEY, FOREIGN KEY, DEFAULT, CHECK and UNIQUE constraints, and investigate cascading FOREIGN KEY constraints.
- Determine appropriate single column and composite indexes strategies.
- Create tables as heaps and tables with clustered indexes. Also consider the design of a table and suggest an appropriate structure.
- Read and interpret details of common elements from execution plans.
- Design effective non-clustered indexes.
- Design and implement views.
- Design and implement stored procedures.
- Work with table types, table valued parameters and use the MERGE statement to create stored procedures that update data warehouses.
- Design and implement functions, both scalar and table-valued. (Also describe where they can lead to performance issues).
- Perform basic investigation of a deadlock situation and learn how transaction isolation levels affect application concurrency.
- Use both traditional T-SQL error handling code and structured exception handling.
- Design and implement DML triggers.
- Learn appropriate uses for SQL CLR integration and implement an existing .NET assembly within SQL Server.
- Store XML data and schemas in SQL Server.
- Perform basic queries on XML data in SQL Server.
- Work with the GEOGRAPHY and GEOMETRY data types.
- Implement and query a full-text index.
The Cert kit has it all: In-depth e-learning content, practice test, tips and information on the exam, and even online coaching from certified professionals that know how to pass the exam.
- Customized e-Learning – focused on the specific certification.
- Online Mentor – chat or mail with a technical specialist with the same certification.
- MeasureUp Exam Simulation – so you can test your readiness for the exam.
- Tips & Tricks – portal of notes, tips, articles, links to communities.
|Chrome 39||Firefox 34||Internet Explorer 10 and 11||Safari 8|
|Surface Pro||Windows 8||X||X||X|
|Safari 8||Android||Chrome 39||Internet Explorer RT||Internet Explorer 11|
|iPhone 5 or higher*||IOS 8||X||X|
|iPhone 4*||IOS 7||X||X|
|Android Tablet*||4.0 or higher||X||X|
|Android Phone*||4.0 or higher||X||X|
|Lumia 920 or higher*||Windows Phone 8.1||X|
*Online use only with these devices
Download System Requeriments
- Win7, Win8.1, Linux 64 bits, MAC OSX 10.9 and 10.10
- We no longer support XP