If you still don't know the benefits of an IT certification, you should know that IT is a highly active field that provides plenty of opportunities for career advancement. Very few markets, are rising as fast as information technology. And as the industry develops, many new certifications continue to appear on the market.
An IT certification demonstrates your dedication, motivation and technical knowledge on a specific platform, for example, Microsoft or Cisco. Once you earn an IT certification, you join a select group of individuals with demonstrated skills.
10 reasons to gain an IT certification
- Getting hired: competition for IT jobs can be hard, and having a certification is a great advantage compared to those who do not have one.
- Attractive salaries: statistics show that people who have an IT certification will earn 13.7% more than their non-certified colleagues.
- Flexibility and better time management: for people who don´t have a certification it can take years to learn the necessary skills.
- Technology moves fast: employers need to have strong evidence that you're up-to-date with the latest technologies, and there's no better way to provide this proof than to receive an IT certification.
- Certifications help you move up at work: there's no better way to show your boss how valuable of an asset you are than to get certified.
- Networking opportunities: once you earn a certification with a specific vendor, then you join a unique group of certified and skilled professionals.
- Access to more and new resources: depending on the organization with which you gain your certifications, you may have access to online forums, training and learning materials.
- Achieve a personal goal: certifications you earn this way may be the most satisfying, as you are rewarding yourself for your own efforts.
- Partner Programs: sometimes, companies may require that there be a certain number of certified individuals associated with their organization to maintain a current partner level.
- Strengthen your self-confidence: high confidence often results in success.
Plenty of IT certification options available to you
Regardless of where you currently find yourself, the IT industry provides plenty of certification opportunities. Whether you’re just starting and don’t see yourself as particularly tech-savvy or you are looking to advance, there are numerous options to choose from.
MeasureUp is the leading provider of certification practice tests and assessments for IT professionals. At MeasureUp, we provide the necessary tools to reinforce learning and validate knowledge for students, instructors and clients of hundreds of corporations, career colleges and technical training facilities worldwide.
Preparing with our practice tests and associated learning material, you will be able to study, practice and prepare for prestigious certifications including:
- AWS: millions of customers trust AWS to power their organization and become more agile
- Cisco: Cisco certified professionals are 42% better at selecting technology solutions
- Microsoft Office: provide a great professional advantage by earning a supported and globally recognized certification
- CompTIA: industry leading credentials to start and grow your IT career
- PMI: PMI professional certification ensures that you’re ready to meet the demands of projects for employers across the globe
- VMware: they cover several areas within the technology sector and help improve your status in front of companies and clients