Download Installation Instructions - Windows 7 and Vista in Old Platform
Before you start installing your software, locate the purchase receipt that was emailed to you. You will need the Install Password
from your receipt.
If you are running Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista as your operating system, you must install and run MeasureUp CDs as the administrator for your computers. This setup process must be followed each time you install a MeasureUp CD.
Product Compatibility with 32 bit and 64 bit Operating Systems:
* Technical Practice Tests – both 32 and 64 bit
* Office 2007 – 32 bit only
* Office 2003 – 32 bit only
To see your Operating System information:
* Open Control Panel and select System and Maintenance
* Select System –either 32 or 64 bit Operating System will show on the right hand side
Close all Applications before you begin. If you have purchased more than one product, download and install each one separately.
1. At the bottom of your Learning Locker, click the Download link.
2. Read and consent to the MeasureUp License Agreement by clicking the check box below the License Agreement.
3. Click Start Download.
If you have not installed the test engine, you will need to do so at this time. To install the test engine, click the Download Test Engine link and follow the prompts.
1. On the Desktop, click Computer.
2. Select the Program
3. Right-click on the Setup.exe file and select Properties from the pop-up menu.Select the Compatibility tab.
4. Click the "Run as Administrator" checkbox.
5. Click Setup.exe to launch the setup process. Download Access
Fixing the “Component 'HotArea.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correcting registered” error on the Download Engine
1. When setup is complete, return to the Desktop and click Computer.
2. Select C:\Program Files (x86).
3. Select the Certification Preparation Folder.
4. Right-click on the Localware.exe file and select Properties from the pop-up menu.
5. Select the Compatibility tab.
6. Click the "Run as Administrator" checkbox.
7. To start the software, click Start. From All Programs, point to MeasureUp Practice tests, and click Launch.
8. On the Logon Screen, click Create New User Profile.
9. Complete your information and click Create Profile.
10. On the Logon screen, verify the Username and Password fields are filled in, and click OK.
11. Select the practice test and click Start Test.
Note: If the program doesn't work and the UAC (User Account Control) is turned off, open a DOS command windows and issue the command regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\Vsocx6.ocx and hit enter. In a few moments a response window should pop open confirming the registration succeeded. Close the window, reboot the PC and it should be ok. Microsoft .NET Installation Instructions
The product(s) you are installing may require the .NET Framework. If it is not installed, you will be prompted to install it the first time you access this product. Follow the steps below:
1. Click Yes at the Microsoft .NET Framework Installation Notification screen.
2. Accept the License Agreement and follow the prompts to install.
Didn't Find the Answer in FAQ's? Contact our Customer Support Team!